Richard deAsla, MD is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with subspecialty fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Surgery. He most recently served as the Director of the Foot & Ankle Orthopedic Division at Massachusetts General Hospital and continues to hold a faculty appointment at Harvard Medical School.
His clinical interests include deformity and bunion corrections, trauma and sports injuries, the diabetic foot and arthritic conditions of the foot & ankle. He performed the first total ankle replacement at Massachusetts General Hospital in 2010. His research interest include kinematics and biomechanics of the foot & ankle and he has been extensively published in the field of foot & ankle surgery.
During his free time, Dr. deAsla enjoys travelling, running, cycling, music and photography.
Richard deAsla, MD is a physician at Excel Orthopedic Specialists in Woburn, MA.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Medical Degree – State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship in Foot & Ankle Surgery – Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Deformity and Bunion Corrections
- Ankle Fractures
- Sports Injuries
- Diabetic Foot