Thank you for your interest in the Sports Concussion Program and the ImPACT Test.
Once you complete this baseline test, your results will be stored in our records. If you have a head injury or think you have a concussion any time after taking the test, make an appointment at Access within 2-3 days. We will evaluate your injury and possibly repeat the ImPACT test at the clinic and compare the results with your baseline test results; this will help us manage your recovery from the concussion and guide your return to play.
Before you begin:
DO NOT take this test if you have recently sustained a head injury and/or are currently experiencing symptoms.
This test is intended for BASELINE TESTING ONLY for people who are currently SYMPTOM-FREE. If you need to be evaluated for a recent head injury, call the office directly at 603-775-7575 to make an appointment; we will perform the ImPACT test in the office if necessary.
- Be sure that you have at least 30 minutes to take the test.
- We are able to interpret test results for ages 12 and up. Younger children should not take the test.
- Adult supervision is highly recommended for ages 12-17.
- Do not use a laptop computer unless you have an external mouse (touchpad controllers will not work).
- Remember that we will use this test to help treat you if you get a concussion, so take the test seriously and try your best.
- This is a difficult test; do not be discouraged by incorrect answers – just continue to give your best effort.
- Occasionally, the results of a baseline test will return to us as being potentially “invalid”. This occurs in a small percentage of cases and may be due to multiple reasons, including not understanding the directions, not paying attention, a bad environment, feeling poorly at the time of the test, underlying learning disability, etc. It does not necessarily indicate any physical abnormality. If this occurs with your baseline test, we will send you a letter with recommendations on how to proceed.
- If you are an organization in New Hampshire, Maine or Massachusetts and are interested in developing a concussion management program with Access Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-775-7575.
- There is no fee to take the ImPACT Baseline Test through Access Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics for organizations or groups that we have established a previous relationship with. This should be coordinated directly with your schools athletic trainer or athletic director.
- If you are not already affiliated with Access Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics, you may pay $20 for a baseline test. We ask that you pay in advance using our secure online payment system. Please be sure to use IMPACT001 in place of your Account #. You will receive an email with instructions after payment is processed.
- Any athletes or patients requesting copies of their Baseline Test for any reason will be charged a $10 processing fee. This fee will be accepted as a donation which will be returned to area schools’ athletic programs. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 603-775-7575.
If you understand and agree with the above, click below: