Utilize your body’s own fat cells to revitalize injured musculoskeletal concerns
The revolutionary orthopaedic procedure, Lipogems, uses your own fat to help heal the natural way. Fat providescushion and support to damaged or injured tissue and supports healing to optimize recovery from musculoskeletal trauma.
Lipogems is a natural, minimally invasive sports medicine procedure that is performed using a local anesthetic to help harvest your own powerful fat. The fat is cleaned of blood, oil, and cell debris, rinsed with saline, resized, and injected into areas to provide cushioning and support damaged or injured tissue.
Benefits of Lipogems
- Strong scientific evidence: 100+ peer-reviewed publications with up to three years of evidence.
- Simple and quick procedure: The minimally invasive procedure can be performed in less than an hour in the physician’s office or in a surgical setting.
- Supports the healing process of damaged or injured tissue: Your processed Mfat provides cushioning to support the healing process of damaged or injured tissue.
- No risk of rejection or infection since you are using your own tissue.
- Multiple orthopaedic uses: Your own Mfat may be injected into multiple areas at the same time.
- Minimal downtime after the procedure.
- Minimal pain medication needed after the procedure.
- One-time procedure for the majority of people
- Cheaper than the out-of-pocket cost of major orthopaedic surgery
- Over 50,000 procedures performed worldwide with a low rate of minor complications (1-2%), and no major complications reported.
What makes your own fat so powerful?
- Adipose tissue is the scientific name for fat; it’s crucial for your health.
- Fat has a high concentration of reparative cells.
- The concentration of these reparative cells in fat stays fairly constant with age.
- Fat can provide cushioning and support in the treatment area.
- There are many different types of cells in your fat that are beneficial for healing, including:
- Adipose-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs)
- Perivascular cells
All these crucial elements are held together in a structural matrix that work as a functional unit to support the repair, replacement, and reconstruction of damaged or injured tissue.
What is the Recovery from a Lipogems Procedure?
- Recovery times are minimal.
- Patients should not engage in strenuous activity for at least 1-2 weeks following the procedure.
- You may experience mild to moderate swelling, inflammation, or bruising at the injection site and/or site of the fat collection area for a few days following the procedure.
Am I a Candidate for Lipogems?
You might be a candidate if:
- You suffer from an injury or ailment that limits your normal daily functioning or physical activity.
- You have painful areas with limited range motion.
- Other treatment options such as physical therapy, NSAIDS, or steroid injections have not provided you with relief.
- You would like to explore Lipogems as a minimally invasive part of your surgical intervention.
Did you know? The national average of a total hip or knee replacement costs between $4,000-$6,000 (in-network insurance), $15,000-$22,000 (out-of-network insurance), and $36,500+ (no insurance)—not including anesthesia facility fees, time off of work, and physical therapy sessions.