Joshua A. Siegel, MD is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine. Dr. Siegel specializes in treating sports medicine injuries and focuses on arthroscopic and minimally invasive procedures of the knee and shoulder.
Dr. Siegel is the Sports Medicine Director and a founding member of Access Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics. He is also a founding member of Northeast Surgical Care, a multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center, Access Rehabilitation, which provides comprehensive physical and occupational therapy services, and Access Acceleration, an integrated strength and conditioning facility. In addition, he developed and oversees the integration of athletic training programs with many local high schools.
Dr. Siegel is a US Olympic Committee team physician, a US ski team physician and covers USGA and PGA tour events. He is the team physician for many local area high schools, including Phillips Exeter Academy. Dr. Siegel is a fellow of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and a member of the American orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and the American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society.
Dr. Siegel received his Bachelor of Science with High Distinction at Northwestern University and his Medical Degree Summa Cum Laude at SUNY Buffalo in Buffalo, NY. He performed his Orthopaedic Residency at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Siegel then completed his surgical training as a Sports Medicine Fellow under Dr. James Andrews at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, AL. He takes pride in his community involvement and in educating athletes, coaches, trainers and parents about the treatment and prevention of sports injuries.
Dr. Siegel moved to the Seacoast in 1998 and lives with his family in Exeter, NH. He enjoys skiing, biking, golf, woodworking and spending time with his family.
- Medical Degree, Summa Cum Laude
SUNY Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Bachelor of Science with High Distinction
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, NY
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Under Dr. James Andrews and Dr. William Clancy
American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, Alabama
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Sports Medicine 2015
- One of Great ASC Industry Physician Leaders to Know, Becker’s ASC Review 2015
- 58 Great Orthopaedic Surgeons Recommended by Healthcare Leaders, Becker’s Spine Review 2015
- 100 Physician Leaders to Know in ASC Industry, Becker’s ASC Review, 2014
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Sports Medicine 2014
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in Sports Medicine 2013
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2012– NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2011- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2010- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2009- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2008- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2007- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2005- NH Magazine
- Top Sports Medicine Physician 2002- NH Magazine
- Most Outstanding Research Award, American Academy of Pediatrics.
orthopaedic Division, Boston, MA, October 1996.
- Summa Cum Laude, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine, 1992
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Epsilon Chapter, 1991.
- Dean’s Letter of Commendation, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine.
Awarded in first, second, third, and fourth year.
- Research Award, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine Research Forum, 1990.
Third place award in field of 82 Student projects for research involving
- Douglass S. Riggs Award, SUNY Buffalo Pharmacology Department, 1990.
Awarded for best overall performance in pharmacology course.
- Dean’s Scholarship Award, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine, 1988-1992.
Academic scholarship awarded for undergraduate academic excellence.
- Graduation with Distinction, Northwestern University School of Speech, 1988.
Awarded for graduating in top 5% of class.
- Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, Northwestern University, 1987.
Awarded for academic performance and community service.
- Dean’s List, Northwestern University School of Speech, 1984-1988.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Repair
- Shoulder Repair
- ACL Injuries
- PRP Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound