Mark Boren PA-C is a Physician Assistant who joined the Access Sports Medicine team in 2022. His passion for fitness led him to return to school to earn a dual degree in Nutrition and Exercise Science from Rutgers University, where he graduated in 2001 with the distinction of high honors and the school’s coveted honor of George H. Cook scholar.
After working as a personal trainer, Mark realized his true passion for helping people live healthier lives. He returned to school and attained his Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in 2021.
Mark is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. When not helping others accomplish their health goals, he is an avid outdoor enthusiast spending his free time skiing, mountaineering, rock climbing, and ice climbing when he is not at the gym. Mark has also been a competitive bodybuilder since he was 16 years old.
- Rutgers University, Cook College, New Brunswick, NJ 2001
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Manchester, NH, 2021
- George H. Cook Scholar, Cook College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 2001
- For outstanding academic performance and research
- Golden Key, Cook College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 2001
- Kappa Omicron Nu, Cook College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 2001
- AMC Four Thousand Footer Member, New Hampshire 1996
The Development of a Survey to Determine Supplement use Among Division One College Athletes. Author: Mark Boren. Published at Rutgers University Library under the direction of Dr. Robert Monaco of the Department of Sports Medicine at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. April 2001