Avoid sledding injuries:
- Make sure you and your children are dressed warmly to avoid getting frost bite
- Choose a sled and a hill that’s right for you
Reduce home fires:
- Complete a home fire safety checklist and identify potential fire risks in your home
- Make sure you have a properly working smoke detector
- Plan and practice a family escape route, just in case emergency strikes
Drive safely in inclement weather:
- Regularly check the air pressure in your tires, antifreeze level and windshield wiper fluid
- Stay on top of weather reports and allow plenty of time to arrive at your destination
- Practice safe driving behaviors, like refraining from distracted driving and getting plenty of rest before going out
Watch your back while shoveling:
- Pace yourself
- Shovel only fresh snow
- Push the snow as you shovel. It’s easier on your back that way.
To read the entire article, click here.